1/2 box spaghetti
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
2-2 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp flour
2 tsp chicken flavored instant bouillon
1 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz mushrooms
1/2 chopped onion
1 medium red bell pepper
1 10 oz package frozen peas
3/4 pound cooked ham
Grated Parmesan cheese
Other vegetables if desired
- Cook pasta.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium; add red pepper. Cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add other desired veggies. Cook until tender.
- Mix flour, milk, bouillon, and Italian seasoning until smooth. Add to skillet, cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add ham, peas, and cooked pasta; heat through.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
My mom and I decided to try this recipe after finding it on the back of a Creamette box of spaghetti. We skipped the mushrooms (I’m not a fan) and the peas (didn’t have any in the house), and added zucchini and orange peppers. The zucchini made it, I’m really glad we added that. Overall, an easy, delicious spaghetti recipe!