- Clean the seeds. Remove all traces of pumpkin guts. Rinse thoroughly.
- Boil for 10 minutes in salt water (1 tsp salt). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and let simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the seeds in a strainer and dry lightly with a paper towel or light cotton towel.
- Spread the seeds as thinly as possible onto a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (about 1/2-1 tsp). Add a generous amount of fine grain sea salt.
- Roast the seeds at 325°F for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, and roast for another 8-10 minutes. Check periodically that the seeds aren’t burning by sampling a few.
- Add a bit more sea salt before serving.
Pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite fall snacks. Picking them out of the gooey pumpkin guts is fun too! I’ve always found roasting pumpkin seeds to be hit or miss, but I came across these directions on ohsheglows.com and they worked well for me.