1 cup oats
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 very ripe mashed bananas
2 tbsp canola oil
1-2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix oats and orange juice. Stir until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Add oats and orange juice mixture into the large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the oil, egg, and banana. Mix until batter is thick.
- Add dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups full, and bake at 400º for 20 minutes.
I’ve had bananas in my freezer for a very very long time, just begging to be baked into something delicious. And also taking up space. So they became breakfast for the week! Yum! There’s just nothing like a warm muffin with your hot coffee in the morning. I used a full two cups of dark chocolate chips because I love dark chocolate, especially for breakfast. Weird, I know. Anyway, if you don’t want dark chocolate oozing out of every bite, just add a single cup.
Enjoy and Happy Monday!