1 cup brown rice, prepared
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
(I used a grocery store rotisserie chicken)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup snow pea pods
1 cup mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can coconut milk
1 – 2 tbsp red curry paste (to taste)
Chopped green onions
- In a medium sauce pan, start cooking the rice.
- While rice cooks, heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the red pepper slices, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until veggies start to soften.
- Add the pea pods and cook a few more minutes, until the veggies are done to your liking (I like my veggies soft).
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan, and stir with the veggies.
- Add the curry paste, and mix until dissolved into the coconut milk.
- Add the chicken, and mix contents of the pan until chicken is warm.
- Add the cooked rice into the mix, stir to combine, garnish with green onions and cilantro, and SERVE!
Some rice takes forever to cook, so make sure to check before you start your veggies. I made my rice on Sunday afternoon and stored it in the fridge so I wouldn’t have to take the time to cook it during the week. I love prepping meals on Sundays! My Sunday productivity allows me to be a lazy cook throughout the week, but still have meals that taste like I am a master chef!
But let me get to the important point of this post, which is this cookbook
I love the HowSweetEats
blog. It is the blog that is home to my all-time favorite recipe
, and inspired the meal I share with you today. When I heard Jessica was making a cookbook, I knew it would be fabulous. However, when I finally had the chance to spend a Friday night with a glass of wine and my copy of Seriously Delish (I’m not a nerd, I promise) I was speechless. This book is beyond fabulous. It’s…inspiring. I could write pages on how much I love this book, but I won’t. Just trust me and go get a copy. You won’t be disappointed.
DIFFICULTY : ✦✦✧✧✧