1 cup quinoa, prepared
1 jar pizza sauce (15 oz)
1 finely chopped red bell pepper
1 finely shopped white onion
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups sausage
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
1 handful pepperoni
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, pizza sauce, red pepper, onion, mushrooms, sausage, and 1 cup cheese.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 pyrex pan
- Layer the pepperoni on top, and cover with the remaining cheese
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes
- Let the pizza bake cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve!
If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. I don’t even have to think about it. Pizza can be so many different things: breakfast, lunch, dinner, meaty, vegetarian, dessert. There’s just so much you can do! I love pizza…
Fridays at our house are, without fail, Pizza Friday. There’s just something about making it to the end of the week that calls for pizza. But this past Friday I thought we should try to make our weekly pizza a little healthier by cutting out the crust and adding a whole grain. It worked beautifully! The Husband loved that I added not one but TWO MEATS (I almost never do this), but you could easily just stuff this full of veggies. Red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, double up the mushrooms and onion… Yum! Or add in your favorite pizza toppings and go to town! This is a very easy meal to whip together for Pizza Friday!
P.S. These leftovers are insanely wonderful.