1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds shrimp (deveined and peeled)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lemon (juiced)
1/4 cup chicken stock
Parsley, salt, and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink (2-3 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste, then set shrimp aside.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes), stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in the remaining 6 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp at a time, until melted.
- Stir in shrimp until everything is evenly mixed. Serve immediately.
My mom and I made this together last weekend, and despite being a little overwhelmed by the amount of butter the recipe calls for, we both loved it! We put our shrimp over angel hair pasta, which I definitely recommend — it gave the meal a little more substance.
I found this recipe on a cooking site called Damn Delicious, which has the coolest logo!